Are you a busy real estate agent looking for the right time management tools to help you take the chaos out of your calendar? Look no further! The reality is time management is less about systems and more about having a proper mindset. Today I want to give you the tips you need to turn your ever increasing “do list” into a “done list” and help you run a more efficient real estate business. It’s time for a mindset shift so press play!
Attraction pillars are a time killer for new or stuck agents
I think attraction pillars are awesome. After all, my entire reason for starting a podcast was to talk about the need for one. The problem is that attraction pillars are the long game for real estate success. If you are a new or stuck agent, time is the one thing you don’t have. Making a profit sooner rather than later may mean the difference between staying afloat or not. You need to focus on creating an effective chase and building up your sphere of influence far before you should put work into creating an attraction. If you introduce this pillar too soon it will become a distraction and create major problems in your quest to manage time wisely.
Commitment will help you stay accountable
Picture this: It’s almost five o’ clock on a Friday afternoon. You have twenty-five newsletters to send out to your sphere of influence by the end of the day, but you REALLY want to start your weekend. Do you send them? If this is just a task to you then it’s probably something you don’t mind pushing till Monday. However, if you start viewing tasks as commitments and scheduling them as appointments I guarantee you will be more efficient and begin clearing out the number of snoozed reminders on your calendar. This kind of mindset shift will help you gain more discipline in how and when you complete tasks as well as what tasks you choose to take on.
Learn how to say “No.”
Admittedly, I’m not the best at this, but it’s something I’ve HAD to learn over the years. Overcommitment will kill all efficiency in your business. “No” can be one of the most powerful time management tools in your arsenal. Think about it this way: Every time you say “Yes” to something you’re also saying “No” to something else. Have you been saying “No” to the right things by saying “Yes” to everything else? Is people pleasing keeping you from achieving the success you’re chasing? These are hard questions, but the answers may be the key to freeing up your calendar and getting results.
If it’s repeatable then it’s not for you
Real estate agents operating out of scarcity believe that it’s a waste of money to hire anyone to do a job that they could do themselves. I’m here to tell you that just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should. If you find yourself doing the same monotonous tasks each week like writing newsletters or scheduling showings it’s time to bring someone else in. Your time is worth more than the fifteen dollars per hour you would pay someone to complete these tasks for you. It’s amazing what we think we HAVE to do when we don’t know how to let go. Focus on what only YOU can do and leave everything else to someone else. Stop believing in scarcity because it doesn’t believe in you.
Outline of this great episode
- [2:34] Exciting things ahead for Agent Rise
- [4:40] An I Love Madison update from last week’s episode
- [6:35] How YOU can help me fight Leukemia and Lymphoma
- [9:57] The power of commitment
- [13:54] Unpacking the scarcity mindset
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Text “AGENTRISE” to 44222 for more info on the Bootcamp starting March 25th
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free! https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)