Are there limiting beliefs you’re embracing that are keeping you from reaching your goals?
“I’m too overweight so if I work out I’ll likely hurt myself.”
“I don’t have enough experience to be successful at…”
“If I do this I will embarrass myself and there’s no coming back from that.”
Whatever it is that is holding you back, I’m here today to tell you that it is time to break through those limiting beliefs. This episode isn’t directly about real estate but I hope you find it an inspiration—that you CAN and WILL succeed.
My weight loss roller-coaster
I’ve been overweight most of my life and have lived the weight loss roller-coaster. I once lost a whopping 140 pounds—then gained it all back. After 10 years of doing nothing fitness-oriented, I’ve decided It’s finally time for me to face obesity head-on. I’ve had a breakthrough moment where I am finally ready to be well. I’m not going to make any more excuses. No more “giving myself grace” when a mistake is made. Too much grace allows you to lose focus and you tumble out of control. You know what I’m talking about!
Don’t let the fear of failure overshadow your life
Fear can be the biggest reason we don’t reach success. The fear that we will fail can stop us in our tracks. It limits potential. We’d rather avoid the embarrassment that comes with public failure so we don’t act. Will I look dumb? Maybe. Will there be moments that I’m embarrassed? Of course. But I will overcome any fear that’s holding me back if it allows me to reach my goal. In the last episode, I talked about failure—and that failure only exists if you give up. If you don’t give up, you’re simply learning lessons and those become challenges to overcome. Only then will you find results.
A high-level coach knows how to help you get results
My coach once weighed over 500 pounds. Today, he is 200 pounds. He’s put in the blood, sweat, and tears and has the experience to be able to coach me at a high level. He has me tracking my macronutrients (macros) and micronutrients (micros), weighing my food, and eating healthy balanced meals. GONE are the days of snacking endlessly. GONE are unnecessary sugars and starches. I finally feel that I have a clear goal that’s congruent to me, and I’m doing something I’ve never tried before to reach my end goal of 225 pounds. And you know what? In the last week alone I have already lost 10 pounds!
A coach can help you overcome limiting beliefs and retrain your mind
One of my strongest limiting beliefs was “I can’t work out because I’m too heavy and will hurt myself”. I figured I would just start with healthy eating, lose a decent amount of weight and then I would incorporate the gym. Nope. My coach called me out and put me to work in the gym immediately. He knows what I can do to protect my body so I won’t get hurt—and I completely trust him. You cannot allow yourself to be afraid of the unknown and you need to be confident that you will break through. His coaching is helping me smash through my limiting beliefs—and it is powerful. These are just a few of the things I’m learning as I’m on this side of coaching. I hope that you find it empowering and I can be a positive example of change.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:30] Starting things that are hard
- [2:10] Breakthrough moment regarding weight
- [3:00] The fear of failure
- [4:25] How I found the perfect coach
- [6:00] How many of you are afraid?
- [7:00] Embracing a clear plan congruent to you
- [8:40] Find your motivation and smash through limiting beliefs
- How To Build A 6 Figure Real Estate Business That Eliminates The Commission Roller Coaster, Without Forcing Yourself To Do Things You Hate
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- Shred Media – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.ShredMedia.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at www.Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.ILoveMadisonHomes.com
Connect with Neil!
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
- Check out my YOUTUBE channel: all new content!
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)