One of the biggest struggles we face as real estate agents is continuing to provide world-class service even when we’re crazy busy. If you’re anything like me, you are gearing up for or diving head first into the busiest part of your year. Sadly, this is the time where your level of service can take a back seat to “getting stuff done”. Don’t let it! Taking care of your clients with excellence is what will set you apart. Today I want to share with you some of the systems that helped me turn first-time clients into raving fans with a full plate.
Having a clear communication plan will set you apart
A resounding client complaint that I hear too often is that once they hire a real estate agent they never hear from them again. That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. If you want to be an uncommon agent you can’t just list them and leave them! The only time your client hears from you should NOT be when you deem it necessary. I set the expectation with my clients that I will contact them every Tuesday to give them an update and go over anything they may have thought of throughout the week. This creates a clear communication plan that also sets a healthy boundary for casual information and clears the way for important 911 calls if they come up. Your day doesn’t have to be Tuesday, but pick a day and stick to it so you can stand out.
Don’t miss a step with email templates
Part of providing world-class service is making sure you don’t miss a necessary step. A game changer in this area for me and most of the people I coach has been email templates. Creating templates for things like an offer to purchase or next steps will ensure that every communication detail is executed perfectly and consistently. It’s also a time saver too because there is nothing worse than having to delay a closing because you didn’t communicate a vital piece of the puzzle. Including definitions and suggestions in your templates will also save you time and help your clients feel more comfortable with the process every step of the way. Don’t spend time responding to tons of emails when you can put all the necessary information all in one place!
Do what YOU do best
Your role as a real estate agent is to drive your business by loving on your sphere of influence and running an effective chase. So tell me, why are you still wasting time and energy running to EVERY showing or coordinating every part of your transactions? If you want to grow your real estate business and offer world-class service at the same time you need to hire a showing assistant and a transaction coordinator. You may believe you aren’t big enough to have other people in those roles, but the truth is you will never grow big enough if you don’t! Even if you think you can do it better I promise that you can’t. Why? Because you can’t do it all my friend. You can’t grow your business AND handle everything else with excellence. Growing your business takes a great deal of attention and there are some details that you have to let go of. Do the job that only you can do and let others handle the rest. This will allow you to provide consistent world-class service while doing business on a larger scale.
Setting boundaries will grow your business
I’m just going to say it: Stop believing the lie that in order to be successful you can’t say no. You are worth more than that and boundaries are an important part of being a successful realtor. You are not pushing people away when you set a specific day off for yourself. It’s actually the opposite! Clients will respect you and want to work with you because you have a healthy balance in your life. You also have to stop agreeing with this idea and postponing the application of it until you “get busy enough”. That’s stupid. Just like investing in showing assistants and transaction coordinators, investing in yourself will get you unstuck and give you the sense of freedom you’ve been longing for. Taking a break is how you keep your sanity and still provide world-class service.
Outline of this great episode
- [4:10] Letting clear communication set you apart
- [8:55] Why email templates will be a game changer for your business
- [12:13] This document could save your sale and set you apart
- [16:30] The value adds you can’t afford NOT to have
- [19:52] Why setting boundaries is a key to growth
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Text “AGENTRISE” to 44222 for more info on the Bootcamp starting March 25th
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free! https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)