We all have roadblocks that we struggle to overcome, leaving us unable to reach success in things we want to accomplish. As I go through my daily routine, I keep track and write every idea that pops into my head in a journal. Those deep thoughts don’t always become full podcasts, but today I’m taking the things that have been mulling around in my head and sharing them with you. I know you’ll find some hard truths to face and hopefully some great ideas to kick you out of complacency.
Outline of this great episode
- [3:39] Why asking for help is a strength, not a weakness
- [6:25] How you do anything is how you do everything
- [8:55] Learn how to say no and avoid stress
- [12:19] Setting proper deadlines increases productivity
- [14:00] Stop being someone that you are not!
- [16:55] Don’t be afraid to be wrong and learn from mistakes
Asking for help is a strength—not a weakness!
Look, we all tend to come into this job believing we need to be a powerhouse. I’ve been in the industry for 17 years and felt that I needed to know all the answers. I’m here to tell you that no matter how long you’ve been in the business, you can always learn. Don’t be ashamed when you don’t know something. Instead, swallow your pride, overcome your fear, and ask for help when you need it. Stop believing the lie that asking for help is a weakness and reach out for help.
Be responsible and consistent with the little things to be successful with the big things
Forming healthy habits can be a gamechanger—and potentially one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. It requires consistency and taking responsibility for the little things so you can be trusted with the big things. Everyone has a different spin on how long it takes to form a habit, right? Some stand by the old adage that you can learn to be consistent with a habit in 21 days. I believe it takes closer to 90 days to really form a lifelong habit. But if you can be consistent with something as small as making your be, what other things will you be able to accomplish?
Your success is based on learning how to sayNO
Nobody likes to say no. We are so driven to fill our schedules and do as much as possible that we start saying yes to things that we just shouldn’t prioritize. Are you on the same wavelength as a seller? Are they willing to follow your way of doing things? If not, let them go. You’ll waste your time and energy if you have to veer from what you do and it could prevent you from other transactions where your time is better spent. Set boundaries and guidelines, and say no when you need to.
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and allow yourself to grow from them
Fear can be paralyzing. We have such an innate fear of ‘being wrong’ that we often don’t implement new ideas. When I started the Onion Juice podcast I wanted to teach people something to attract business—not chase it. After I gained more experience coaching, I realized this tactic can take 18-24 months for you to see steady business. For most people this is not a sustainable business model. I had to pivot, embrace that I was wrong, and retract some of what I had taught. I hope I can be an example for you that you can adapt and learn as you go. So just go out there and get started and don’t be afraid to make changes.
- How To Build A 6 Figure Real Estate Business That Eliminates The Commission Roller Coaster, Without Forcing Yourself To Do Things You Hate
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- Shred Media – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.ShredMedia.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Listen to Jim Kwik talk about his game-changing morning routine
- Seth Godin’s thoughts on ‘the fear of being wrong’
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at www.Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To contact me about coaching, go to https://m.me/neilmathwegcoaching?ref=w3414415
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.ILoveMadisonHomes.com
Connect with Neil!
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
- Check out my YOUTUBE channel: all new content!
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)