Because the tenth Agent Rise step is all about team building, I thought this episode would be the perfect opportunity to update you on all things I Love Madison. I’ve recently made some big changes to that brand around team building and it’s been a huge win for my real estate business. I want to give you all of those details plus show you how you can build a great team of your own. If you are struggling to build a brand that people can get behind then this episode is for you. So what are you waiting for? Press play so we can dive in!
Let your brand fuel your attraction pillar
One of the biggest pitfalls of an attraction pillar is that it takes too long to bear fruit and can ultimately become a distraction. This is especially true for the new or stuck agent. However, one of the reasons attraction pillars can fall flat in the results department is that there is a disconnect between the brand of your business and the attraction itself. People recognize me from the I Love Madison Show all the time but not once has that resulted in a sale. Some even thought I had quit real estate to do that full-time. Talk about a disconnect! That’s one of the reasons I rebranded my real estate business as the I Love Madison Home Team. By capitalizing on the success of the I Love Madison Show I’m allowing my brand to fuel my attraction pillar and vice versa. Now when people talk about the show their also talking about my business which is what is ultimately going to make this attraction successful.
There is no “I” in team
Building a brand is easy because it can be anything you want it to be. However, building a brand well and making sure it lasts is something different entirely. A big part of that is making sure your brand is something that you can build a team around. I recently rebranded my business as the I Love Madison Home Team because I wanted to have a brand that my team could get behind without losing their own identity. By moving away from the Neil Mathweg brand, I am able to elevate my team instead of just myself. Having a brand that allows you to uplift others is a critical part of team building and will help you take your business to the next level.
Let your rebrand serve as a heart check
If you’re considering a rebrand maybe it’s time for a heart check as well. What I mean by that is with rebranding your business comes a focus on mission and vision. What you do and why you do it is the heart of your business and if your brand needs a change perhaps it’s time to examine what makes you tick as well. You might have a solid mission and vision or you may need to go back to the drawing board. Either way, there is no better time to fine-tune the critical components of what makes your business uniquely yours than during a rebrand.
It’s time to build
One of the biggest pushbacks I get to team building is that it isn’t the right time to build a team. So many agents have this idea that they can’t build a team unless their cup is running over or they have too much work to handle by themselves. The former is a myth and the latter is the kind of desperation that few would actually want to be a part of. People don’t want a rainmaker they want a leader. Agents want to be led and mentorship is a much better selling point than workload or excess. The systems you create and the team atmosphere you cultivate is your greatest asset when building a team. As long as you have those in place there is no better time to build than now!
Outline of this great episode
- [4:25] Is fear of success keeping you from building a team?
- [5:47] Why a successful attraction pillar doesn’t mean success
- [12:03] Building a brand people can get behind
- [14:34] Everything I’m doing to reach people with I Love Madison
- [20:37] The best time to start team building
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Check out the I Love Madison Showonline!
- Text “AGENTRISE” to 44222 for more info on the Bootcamp starting March 25th
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free! https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)