Are you a new or stuck real estate agent who wants to unlock your potential? Maybe you hit a wall in your business a long time ago and you’re finally ready to break through. Well friends, this is the episode for you! Breakthrough starts in your mind before it ever hits your profit margin. Today, I’m going to show you how to master your mentality so that you can stop fearing success and start achieving your goals.
Don’t make this harder than it has to be
Real estate can be both incredibly fun and incredibly challenging all at the same time. Sometimes the challenge can seem to outweigh the reward. Especially, when we don’t know how to let go of what we can’t control and start owning the baggage of our business. We constantly replay the frustrations of every transaction over and over again until it dominates our every thought. Look, I’ve been there. We all have. It’s completely overwhelming and it makes us feel so swamped with work that it seems impossible to take on any more transactions or grow our business. The truth is, if we really examined our calendars we are far busier in our minds than we are on paper. It’s time to press stop on the toxic mental replay!
It’s time for a spring cleaning
Your closet isn’t the only thing that needs an overhaul this April. One of the major ways to unlock your potential as a real estate agent is by getting rid of the clutter in your business and the lies in your head. Clutter will keep you from developing a clear business plan that is congruent to who you are as an agent, but lies will keep you from knowing who you are in the period. You need to renew your mind daily and identify where limiting beliefs are creeping in. You can’t address the fear of success if you believe the lies that built that fear in the first place. The easiest way to expose a lie is to flood it with the truth and you can’t do that without a daily commitment to renewing your mind.
Build healthy mental habits
As I’ve stated, renewing your mind is an essential part of building your breakthrough, but what does that look like? Personally, I’ve made it a habit to start my day off right so that I get my mind in order before anything else. As a believer, I read Scripture, pray, and spend time with God to make sure I’m casting all of my worries onto Him so I don’t own what I can’t control. I’ve even begun journaling in order to gain perspective and reflect on everything I have to be thankful for. It also motivates me to live more intentionally so I have something good to write about. Your mornings don’t have to look like mine. However, you should be pursuing some sort of gratitude time where you can really appreciate everything you have. It’s so easy to get caught up in the negativity of life and the comparison game. Start renewing your mind with gratitude and you will change the way you see the world.
Start pursuing excellence
Professional athletes are the best example of people who pursue excellence that I can think of. Take Steph Curry for example. This guy’s reason for being such an incredible basketball player is that he never stops putting in the work to be great. He’s coming in three hours before practice and staying well past when others leave just to perfect his shot. Maybe you’re not a sports person, but I’m sure you can appreciate the pursuit of excellence. The same thing goes for your business. You have to make up your mind that you are going to pursue excellence no matter what. Even if it means long hours. Even if it means doing the things that no one else is willing to do. If you set your mind on pursuing excellence I promise you will unlock your potential and experience the breakthrough you’ve been looking for.
Outline of this great episode
- [1:26] The Agent Rise Web-A-Thon is tomorrow!
- [3:26] Are you making real estate harder than it’s supposed to be?
- [7:28] Breaking down your breakthrough
- [9:10] Two habits to help you unlock your potential
- [12:36] The power of pursuing excellence
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Help me fight cancer by donating to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society hereand join us for the Agent Rise Web-A-Thon on April 23rd!
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free! https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram(@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts(formerly iTunes)