One of the biggest challenges facing real estate agents today is trying to stay productive. It’s difficult because even if you’re days are filled with tasks it doesn’t mean you’re actually accomplishing the growth you desire. Being busy does not mean you are being effective! Do you understand the difference? Are you driving your business or driving yourself crazy? Find out on this week’s episode of the Agent Rise Podcast.
Play to your strengths
Something I say all the time, whether it’s on the podcast or in coaching, is that in order to succeed as a real estate agent you have to develop a clear business plan that’s congruent to you. You will never stay productive if you don’t. However, it’s incredibly important that we define what “congruent to you” means as you develop your plan. In simple terms, it means to play to your strengths. You can’t simply copy the strategy of a successful agent on your team and call it a day. Their plan works for them because it is FOR THEM. Just because geo-farming is how one agent rises to the top does not mean you will have the same level of success. You may need a more fast-paced approach and get better results with online leads. The “what” does not matter nearly as much as the “who”. Just remember, the most important ingredient in developing a successful business plan is YOU.
Invest in self-discovery
Too many realtors have invested a ton of precious time and resources into playing the wrong game. They’ve either borrowed someone else’s successful business plan assuming it will bring them equal success or they hear a strategy they like and assume that because they like it they’ll be good at it. Yet, year after year their growth is non-existent and their income bracket stagnates. Don’t let that be you! Before you can play to your strengths you have to know what your strengths are. Sometimes it’s hard to see that for yourself and that’s where coaching can be an invaluable resource. Rushing into action with a half-baked business plan will cost you more than investing in self-discovery ever will. Stop missing the mark and figure out what works best for you instead of relying on assumptions.
Clear your mental calendar
A few weeks ago, I brought up the idea that a lot of us are busier in our heads than we are on our calendars. If you want to stay productive you have to clear out the junk in your mind. I know how hard it is to stop thinking about every minute detail of our business. It’s so easy to be consumed by thoughts that steal our joy and keep us from moving forward. We have to learn how to command negativity to leave and only focus on what we can control. Stop worrying and let go of what you can’t change. It’s not worth the stress and anxiety you’re creating. By clearing your mental calendar you will finally start working ON your business instead of always working in it.
Give yourself permission to rest
It may seem contradictory, but one of the biggest components of staying productive is learning how to rest. Rest is what enables you to recharge and allows you to breathe fresh life into your real estate business. If you’re constantly tired and on the edge of burnout you will only be able to strive for mediocrity as a means of survival. However, if you give yourself the space to unplug and enjoy life you will find that there is no limit to your potential. Learn how to set healthy boundaries for yourself by prioritizing fun, relaxation, and even sleep. After all, how are you ever going to dream big if you don’t sleep enough?
Outline of this great episode
- [5:14] Making your business plan congruent to you
- [11:40] How I discovered my strengths (and how you can too)
- [15:41] Clearing your mental calendar
- [20:23] The importance of rest in productivity
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Donate at least $100 to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society hereand get exclusive content from the Agent Rise Web-A-Thon FREE
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free! https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram(@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)