After years of being a real estate agent coach, the amount of excuses I’ve heard as to why an agent can’t succeed is ridiculous. That’s why one of my absolute favorite things is to help people turn obstacles into opportunities. No matter what obstacle you are facing as a realtor I believe that opportunity is just around the corner and all it usually takes is a mindset shift. Stop making excuses and start embracing opportunities by pressing play on this episode!
Start doing things differently and beat the sold sign
It is incredibly disheartening to prepare for an open house only to find out that it has been canceled due to the property already being sold. How are you going to get those leads in your matchmaker in order to convert them if you never met those potential leads in the first place?! What if there was a way to beat the sold sign and start turning that obstacle into an opportunity? Well friends, there is. Start having your open houses the day the property is listed. If it lists on a Tuesday morning, do an open house that night. It may be unorthodox, but it will show buyers you mean business and help you stand out in a saturated market.
Open houses are for every market
What if I told you that your biggest obstacle was actually a lie? So many agents tell me that open houses don’t work in their market when I know for a fact that another agent in the same market is excelling in that area. You may believe that lie because you tried to put on an open house and it failed. Just because it didn’t work when you did it does not mean that there isn’t a way to make it work. Maybe it was the wrong season or maybe you had the wrong approach? When I take agents through the process of how to have an effective open house it is oftentimes a game changer for their business. You have to believe that open houses work because THEY DO.
Your most dangerous obstacle is the one you don’t know you have
In the world of “the more I do the more successful I’ll be” the idea of having two chase pillars seems like a good idea. After all, what’s the harm in casting two nets right? The most common example of this is running Facebook ads while holding open houses. The glaring issue with this is that if open houses fall through we become tempted to use our ads as a crutch. You’ve probably said things like “Well at least I have my ads”. I’ve found in my own business that not a lot of Facebook leads convert and if you use it as a crutch it will eventually cause us to fall on our face. I want to go deeper on this so listen to this episode for more insight.
The most obvious answer is usually correct
Sometimes the way we turn obstacles into opportunities is by embracing what is right in front of us. So many realtors out there want to become listing agents. My solution? Work with buyers that have houses to sell. I know that sounds obvious, but you would be surprised by the number of agents that want to be listing agents and are targeting first time home buyers. That is completely counter-intuitive. I became a listing agent without trying because I sought to work with people who needed to sell their home before buying another one. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just hop in the car.
Outline of this great episode
- [3:25] How to beat the sold sign
- [5:39] When open houses don’t work in your market
- [10:19] The pitfalls of managing two different chase pillars
- [15:33] Becoming a listing agent
- Easy Agent Pro – to get a website like mine (neilmathweg.com) go to www.easyagentpro.com/oj
- The Agent Marketer – to take your digital marketing to next level go to www.TheAgentMarketer.com
- To hear more great shows like Agent Rise visit www.industrysyndicate.com.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Watch Masterclass “5 Steps To Building An Uncommon Real Estate Career”. It’s free. https://neilmathweg.lpages.co/agent-rise-masterclass/
- To get my listing presentation tips, text “LISTING” to 44222
- Join the Agent Rise Facebook Group (free) at Facebook.com/groups/agentrise
- To learn more about coaching, go to www.neilmathwegcoaching.com
- If you want to see my website as a REALTOR in Madison Wi go to www.neilmathweg.com
Connect with Neil!
Schedule a free 30 minute breakthrough call with Neil, schedule your call at neilmathwegcoaching.youcanbook.me
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
- Instagram (@neilmathwegcoaching or @neilmathweg (personal)
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Agent Rise podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)